intro

A sharing of ideas, techniques, successes and failures in the volatile world of pottery and family life.

Friday, July 20, 2012

Bogged Down in the Mire

Wow!  I can't believe it's been so long since I last posted.  There's so much that's been going on:
  • Getting the new dealership licensed (any day now!), office set up, computers installed, etc., etc., etc....
  • Awesome trip to VA with ASP (detailed post to follow)
  • Ailing parents  =(
  • Summer gatherings  =)
Somehow, I did manage to squeeze in finishing up some of the birdhouses.




Cattails and dragonfly on the textured vessel.  I'm liking this look more and more.





























Cacti and gecko (new design)








This is the hippo.  I'm not loving him.  I should have made the nostrils bigger.  If I don't trash him, hopefully, he'll look more like a hippo and less like a long faced bear when he's glazed gray.

Unfortunately, several are still sitting wrapped in plastic, untouched except for the occasional re-wetting spritz.  At this point, I'm pretty sure they're too dry and a lost cause.  So they'll end up being reclaimed.  Oh well, the only waste was my time.  Shame on me.

I hope you're all having a safe, relaxing summer.  And as they say in Appalachia -  'Ppreciate Y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment