intro

A sharing of ideas, techniques, successes and failures in the volatile world of pottery and family life.

Thursday, December 27, 2012

Note to Self:

Maybe if I write it down this time it'll sink in!  I'm sure I did this last year, too.  Trying to squeeze just one more order into the last Christmas firing.  Can you spell "Stress"?  'Cause I don't have enough I need to give myself a big, fat dose of more.  Really?  When will I learn?  What was Nancy Reagan's motto?  "Just say NO!".  But they really, really want this birdhouse: "It'll be perfect for Dad!".  And an owl bank inscribed for a granddaughter...   "NO!"  Well, I'm sure I won't be that harsh.  Middle-child diplomacy won't let me.

So, I'm getting it out there now:

Dear Universe,
I hereby declare the cutoff date for custom pottery orders for Christmas of 2013 IS December 1, 2013.  This is not to be changed, challenged or forgotten (hopefully) or pain of intense pre-holiday headaches, hair-pulling and hand-wringing will ensue with no sympathy of any kind to be given to the offender.

If I had a stone and chisel I'd etch it in.

I feel better now getting it out there so I can be held accountable when I'm wondering why big clumps of my suddenly grayer hair are missing next Christmas.

I hope all of you had a wonderful holiday enjoying family and friends.  I wish you all a happy and healthy New Year!


1 comment:

  1. LOL! Well I hope that you will be so BUSY this year that you will have to change that date to Thanksgiving!- Love ya! Linda

    ReplyDelete