intro

A sharing of ideas, techniques, successes and failures in the volatile world of pottery and family life.

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

A Swift Kick in the Pants

Motivation seems to be escaping me lately.  I had one good day last week when I started several birdhouses and banks.  But that was it. Just a glint and now it's gone.

It probably has a lot to do with my husband.  Somehow, I'm able to blame just about everything on him in some way, poor thing.  He started a new business almost 2 years ago after losing his job and it's doing so well he's now renting space in town to operate out of.  Unfortunately, I ended up being clean-up girl.  The place was a machine shop and it's been vacant for a while so you can imagine the old, black, greasy, dusty man-mess I was facing.  Yuck!

Anyway, that's my excuse and I'm sticking with it.  I've been working on officey stuff in between helping hubby out.  It's not like I've been unbelievably busy, I'm just not feeling motivated to get back into the studio. So maybe writing about it will help or some sympathetic soul will come by and give me that swift kick I so desperately need!

No comments:

Post a Comment