intro

A sharing of ideas, techniques, successes and failures in the volatile world of pottery and family life.

Thursday, August 30, 2012

Where are the BRAKES?!?!

Well, the "Limbo" is securely behind us and it's now full speed ahead!  We had the meeting with the town board.  Maybe we shouldn't have been so surprised, but what a nice bunch of people!  They were very receptive, made some good suggestions and were generally very supportive of local merchants.  There were just a couple of minor items to clarify about the parking spaces and determining any DEP restrictions (which could prove to be not so minor) since we're right across the street from the Musconetcong River.  But we're pretty confident the next meeting will be the last and everything will be "ok'd".

Oh, yeah!  And the sign is up!

Looking pretty professional!
On the pottery side, not so "full speed" anything!  I've decided to skip the craft show circuit this fall.  Between the new business and family activity I'm just not comfortable booking my time on anything else.  It's been years since I've done the Working-Mom-of-Three routine and now my sedate little life has been tossed into high gear and I'm a bit slow adjusting.  So rather than get in over my head I'll leave me some breathing room, thank you very much.

I'm still getting into the studio on occasion to get the inventory up for the holiday shopping season on our website.  The kiln is slowly filling up.  So, not to worry, I'm still getting my therapy!

2 comments:

  1. So excited for you both! The Car lot is looking good, and we will be heading there in the near future for a new car :). also glad to hear about the classes, I think they will be awesome! I know a few people who drive to Blairstown to do this, so having you so close may give you more customers for classes and I am certainly willing to send them your way! Will miss you at a few shows :( but I totally understand! GOOD Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Let me know what shows you'll be at and I'll try to get there.

    ReplyDelete