intro

A sharing of ideas, techniques, successes and failures in the volatile world of pottery and family life.

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Good Things are a'Comin'

I just wanted to share a quick post to show you the latest bisque firing....

Birdhouses, bowls, leaf dishes, banks and mugs
.... and let you know what's coming up this week.

We're giving our very first pottery class tomorrow night (very, very exciting!) and ALL of the in-laws are coming in for the weekend.  You would think "Not so exciting." but actually it is.  There's no room at the "inn" so they're staying at the local B&B so that isn't exciting but it's less stress for me.  It's been many years since we've had the honor of all of them visiting at once.  It's gonna get loud!

The reason for the invasion?  Craig's dad is being honored for being an inspiring coach and roll model in Mount Olive HS football.  Some of the alumni and former football players have organized a weekend of activities and surprises starting at the season's opening game this Friday.  So you can imagine we'll be a little busy.

Hopefully, I'll get some pots glazed but I'm not optimistic.




The sunflowers are fading but the sedum and mums are gorgeous!







Everyone's enjoying the sedum.

2 comments:

  1. I planted my sunflowers late and they just started blooming this week! Need some sun to get some good pictures!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I'll have to put some seeds aside and scatter my planting times. The forecast looked pretty good last night but it's drizzling here. =(

      Delete