intro

A sharing of ideas, techniques, successes and failures in the volatile world of pottery and family life.

Sunday, September 16, 2012

Faith, Family, Friends and Football

Blue Jean Baby....  As much as I love summer and the warm weather there's something comforting about slipping back into my jeans on that first too-cool-for-shorts morning.  Although my teen years were spent in the hey day of Jordache and Sergio Valente I was a steadfast Levis girl and still am.  Honestly, I think if I could have afforded the designer jeans I would have gotten myself some Calvin's but I now thank my empty purse of yesteryear for sparing me the pain of seeing myself in old pictures sporting a butt billboard.

We have our second pottery class this week.  The first one went really well and they're coming back for more!  That's always a good sign.  We went through very basic clay physics and properties.  I did a demo and then they got muddy.  I probably would have been much more nervous but these are ladies that I've known for years and they knew it was my first class so they were gentle with me. 

The weekend-long tribute to my father-in-law was amazing!

Included is an image taken from the portrait that started the ball rolling.

Al Nicholas started the football program at Mount Olive HS back in 1972 and still holds the record for most winning seasons.  The impact he had on his players was overwhelmingly apparent when we heard stories of how these now grown men have taken Coach Nick's principals and applied them to their lives.  Many of them now coach school sports and are passing those principals on to their players.  What a legacy!

T-shirts made specially for the occasion.

The Boys with their proud Grandpa and a squashed Mom.
And, no, I haven't started glazing yet.  Sheesh!

No comments:

Post a Comment